To study abroad, students must complete:
- TCNJ Study Abroad Application AND
- Application of their program choice (e.g. ISA, CIEE). Please read below and follow the instructions.
TCNJ is transitioning to new study abroad office management software and there will be a period of time when our program directory and application system will be down for maintenance.
If you’d like to submit an application, you’ll need to use the paper-based “TCNJ Study Abroad Application” and the other materials found below. Once our new online system is up and running, we will no longer use the paper application.
We will provide updates here, through our Facebook page, and on our Twitter feed, to keep you informed about our progress. Thank you for your patience.
TCNJ Faculty-Led Courses
For faculty-led courses you only need to submit the paper application and the $150 application fee to Student Accounts (please bring the receipt to Green Hall 111)
No other forms or documents are required! Do not follow the other instructions on this page.
All materials must be received in Green Hall 111 by the TCNJ deadline dates listed below, regardless of the specific program/school’s deadline, for a student to receive full consideration.
- Spring Semester 2015: September 25, 2014
- Winter Session 2015: October 1, 2014
- Maymester and Summer Session 2015: December 15, 2014
We must first review, approve, and process your application in our office before your application materials can be forwarded to your program provider/host school. To ensure that your application reaches your host institution in a timely manner, do not wait until the last minute to submit your application.
The TCNJ deadline is the latest date you can submit your application materials to ensure full consideration of your candidacy for study abroad, and we encourage ALL students to submit their materials well before the deadline!
- Pay $425 TCNJ application fee in Student Accounts (Green Hall 119) by cash or check (make check payable to: The College of New Jersey).
- Bring the receipt to our office, Green Hall 111; we will only accept the receipt from Student Accounts.
- This is a one-time fee; and can be applied to as many programs as you’d like to go on; or can be transferred to a different program if you choose to change programs
- This $425 fee is non-refundable
- Application fees paid to program sponsors are in addition to this application fee paid to TCNJ.
- Students who submit applications after the deadline will need to pay an additional $50 late application fee and their applications will only be considered if there is space available in the program.
Please print and complete the paper TCNJ study abroad application.
- Download and print the Academic Evaluation Form (this form details the courses you intend to take overseas and makes sure your courses will count at TCNJ).
- Get signed approvals from faculty department chairs for major/minor courses and from an Academic Evaluator in the Office of Records and Registration for electives and for liberal learning requirements.
- Sign the bottom of the form (not signing the form may delay your consideration in going abroad).
- Submit this form in a hard paper copy to the Center for Global Engagement, Green Hall 111.
Program Application Forms
Many study abroad programs require their own application to be completed. This application will likely be online as well. Please access your program via our program directory, check its website, and determine what you will need to complete the program-specific application.
You must submit these applications as part of the TCNJ application.
- Log onto PAWS, go to “Academic Records” and click on “Request Official Transcript” and have it sent (there is no fee) directly to Green Hall 111.
- For transfer students only: In addition to your TCNJ transcript, please also request transcripts from all previous institutions you have attended. Have these transcripts sent to Green Hall 111.
This form needs to be filled out by your personal physician or by a practitioner at TCNJ Health Services. TCNJ Health Services will provide a physical for a small fee.
This form must be completed by the application deadline. You may need to schedule this appointment at least 2 months in advance. To make an appointment at TCNJ Health Services, first be sure to have chosen your study abroad destination.
Student Health Services
Eickhoff Hall, Rm 107
Other Health Forms
- Submit the ISA health forms in addition to the TCNJ Medical Exam Form.
- Bring both sets of forms with you to your medical appointment.
- Note: If using TCNJ Health Services, contact email@example.com for an additional form that Health Services requires.
Program Cost Sheet
*Note: the program cost sheet is not something you need to submit to CGE as part of your application. This step is if you want to learn how you’ll meet the costs of the program you’ve applied to. Program cost sheets and the estimated additional costs such as books and personal expenses are online in the Program Directory.
Please note that cost sheets are available for all but a few programs.