TCNJ SPA Courses: SPA 102/103, SPA 203, SPA 216, SPA302, SPA 303
Program Director: Dr. Teresa San Pedro, Professor of Spanish
Program Co-Director: Dr. Marimar Huguet-Jerez, Assistant Professor of Spanish
Apply Now! (click on this link to access the paper application – online application access will be available in Fall 2014)
In order to qualify for admission to the program, students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5. All students in the program must register for at least one course and may choose from the following courses:
- SPA 102/103 – Beginning Spanish II and III (NB: SPA 103 completes language requirement)
- SPA 203 Intermediate Oral Proficiency (1 unit)
- SPA 216 Current Events (1 unit)
- SPA 302 Advanced Spanish Oral Proficiency (1 unit)
- SPA 303 Culture and Society of Spain (1 unit) ***Note: you need to have taken 3 courses at the 200 level to meet the prerequisites for SPA303.
The program also includes numerous cultural events at no additional cost to participants.
Study in Madrid, one of the world’s most cosmopolitan and vibrant cities. Travel through Spanish art, architecture and history in guided tours to historic sites. Visit some of the oldest and most beautiful cities in the world – Toledo, Segovia and Avila – designed as World Heritage Sites by the UNESCO. Live in the international dormitory, Casa do Brasil, located on the Universidad Complutense campus. Experience the real Spanish life-style by meeting native students eager to converse and socialize with Americans.
Wednesday Field Trips to Museums & Historical monuments in:
El Palacio de Oriente
El Museo de la Reina Sofía
- Las Cortes
Program Cost in Summer 2014:
Program Cost Includes:
- $150 Non-Refundable Application Fee
- $500 Program Deposit Fee
- Tuition for one TCNJ unit (students taking SPA 102 and SPA 103 would need to pay for an additional unit)
- Visits to museums and historic monuments in Madrid
- Field trips to selected sites in the Madrid metro area
- Accommodations in a double room (single supplement = $450)
- Three meals per day (except Sundays)
- International Student Insurance
Program Cost Does Not Include:
- Airfare (arranged separately)
- Airport taxes
- VISA charges (if necessary)
- Transportation to/from US airport
- Personal Items
- Other personal expenses (meals on excursions, personal travel, etc.)
Payment Options – to be posted shortly.
Withdrawal from Program – There may be financial penalties for students who withdraw from a faculty-led program after acceptance and payment of the $500 confirmation fee. Please review our withdrawal policy and contact the CGE if you have any questions.
Questions? Contact the Center for Global Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org